Wednesday 27 February 2013

Brahman Brings Prosperity and Bliss

When one knows the Brahman, ignorance is banished and one is freed from the bondage of life and death. Unity with the Brahman brings prosperity and bliss. Living beings, inanimate objects and the supreme godhead may seem to be three distinct entities. But in reality, all three are in Brahman. This is the supreme knowledge. When a fire is lit with the help of wood, the true nature of the fire is lit with the help of wood; the true nature of the fire cannot be seen. Yet, the fire can be created by rubbing two pieces of wood together. Like the fire in the wood, the Brahman is in the human body and can be realized.  



The Brahman is everywhere and can be realized through truth and meditation. He who realizes the Brahman, realizes him in one’s own Atman.



Sanskrit Shloka

Oum vam me manasi pratishthita mano me
Vachi pratishthitam
Aviraviram edhi
Vedasya ma anisthah
Shrutam me ma prahasih
Anenadhitenahoratran samdadhami
Ritam vadishyami satyam vadishyami
Tanmamavatu tadvaktaramavatu
Avatu mama vatu vaktaram avatu vaktaram
Aum shantih shantih shanith.

meaning: O Almighty Lord! My speech is well established in my mind. My mind is well established in my speech. O Lord, please empower me to grasp and preach the Vedas. May I never forget Your teachings. Only by knowing You are with me am I able to maintain my days and nights. I shall always only follow You. May You protect me. My dear Lord, please protect me and my preceptor. O my dear Lord, please protect me and my preceptor and all those around me!

 "Upanishad" 

2 comments:

  1. Brahman is everywhere and can be realized through truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brahman is everywhere and can be realized through truth

    ReplyDelete