Tuesday 7 May 2013

Greatness is the Brahman

“Greatness is immortality. Greatness is the Brahman. He is above and below, to the front and behind, to the north and the south. I am the Brahman. I am he. I am above and below, to the front and behind, to the north and the south. I am the Brahman and the atman. I am everywhere. A learned one who realizes this union, attains bliss and can travel anywhere in the various worlds. But those who are ignorant, are restrained. Learned ones realize that it is form the atman that one derives the breath of life, hope, memory, the sky, energy, water, arrival, disappearance, foodgrains, power, knowledge, resolution, the mind, speech, names, the mantras and all action. The atman is everything. He who realizes this, knows no misery, disease or death. He obtains all that is to be desired.”

"Upanishads"
Krishna Carving on Temple in Fort Myers, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment